Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 880 of 930 FirstFirst ... 380780830870878879880881882890 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 9298
    DWG Warrior
    ...well since you guys also like to look at the "cheap" stuff...I visited a CD store today in my hometown that is going out of business. My second trip there and usually find alot of nice stuff in the $bins. They used to sell vinyl, but became a CD store in the 90's..alot of that vinyl was stored somewhere, but appearantly they forgot. Alot of that stuff is even without the sleeves, brandnew but without sleeve. They used to put the sleeves up in the crates, and you had to ask for record they held behind the counter. Now they noticed alot of sleeves were stolen..or simply lost. But going through crates without sleeves is real treasure hunting!

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

Now they also haves sleeves left, but without records..hahaha...I always buy the company sleeves or sleeves I could replace for my own sleeve if it's in a better state. This way I found a new Freestyle sleeve for my generic one of the Ït's Automatic"record today

image2 (1).jpg

Still alot of stuff I just buy and put a generic sleeve on and wait if I find an empty original sleeve for it...

image5.jpg

And yes....take your time and you always find some nice gems (IMO that is)...like the company sleeve to this record, making it a very expensive record all of a sudden!

big time fresh.jpg
    Bigtime fresh with company sleeve.jpg

And alot of 45's there...but I have to go back for that...so much to go through and not enough time...but this was a nice find tho!

image3.jpg

All in all a good day....for little money...and some gems richer...

image4.jpg
    ...Surreality Just Got Funky...

DWG Warrior
    Great post Bokkie!
    I went on a little diggin´ spree by myself today and visited two local spots. Came home with a mint Sindecut "Can´t Get Enough" and a mint
    Rhyme 2 Rhythm. Another two dope records rescued from the bins...
    DO-City´s Calling

DWG Warrior

I copped that Egyptian Lover 1983 - 1988 2xCD on Stones Throw from HMV today. Lovely remastering job, nice packaging + liner notes, but it doesn't include the 9 minute extended 12" remix of Livin' On The Nile or even the original 1 minute LP interlude version
    Last edited by BB; 28-04-16 at 07:24 PM.

DWG Warrior
    ^^^ I copped that too. The liner notes are excellent. I think there is a 4 x vinyl box set dropping soon.

DWG Warrior
    Where he breaks down in his songs in the liner notes is particularly good. Talkin' about I Cry (Night After Night) being heavily influenced by Dean Martin, The Alezby Inn being him trying to make a Prince song, and everyone thinking Sexual Harrassment's I Need A Freak was his song made him record his own version of it.

*EDIT* This new version of Kinky Nation (Kingdom Kum) where he's replaced the drums he used on the original with his trusty old 808 has turned an aiight tune into a legit banger.
    Last edited by BB; 29-04-16 at 09:55 AM.

DWG Warrior
    Good post, Bokkibeh. Love finding odd rap joints hiding in dj/dance collections. Have come upon such collections before and have dug out Black Rock and Ron, Fifth Platoon, later Slick Rick bangers, JBeez classics etc. for peanuts amidst the lamest dance crap. Not lately tho.

DWG Warrior
    Thnx Jesper!
    ...Surreality Just Got Funky...

DWG Warrior
    Yes! How are those kind of records there?! What other records in that collection are there that got missed?

Why the funk is an OG Diamond D 12" doing in the £1 bin next to 1980's pop/rock records? (for example)

The joys of digging i guess!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Fuck all that elitist bullshit, post what you like in the 'Latest' finds thread.

I like all kinds of records so enjoy what everyone brings to the table.

Just about all the raers ever posted on this thread purchased by Euroman like me were bought on Ebay for stupid prices or while boutique digging on someone else's hard work anyway.

Unless you are going to the hood in New Orleans or Detroit on a crazy whim from a Craigslist add its not real 'Digging' anyway.

Buying records on Discogs in your pants is internet shopping not 'Digging' you herbs.
    hi i am euroman
    posted only rare texas rap eps recently
    none of these bought online
    all very very cheap
    its a little work but not hard because its fun
    keep diggin

DWG Warrior
    Purchased the new Nick Wiz 2LP this morning. Again a great selection of Nick Wiz-produced tracks including a '93 joint by Emskee!

SNIPPETS:
    Last edited by Smoov; 30-04-16 at 11:13 AM.