Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 546 of 547 FirstFirst ... 46446496536544545546547 LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,460 of 5461
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by stilts View Post
    what fucker reported all the unofficial / promo records ?!
    There was that announcement a few years ago that Discogs was going to block all "unofficial releases" from sale on Discogs Marketplace.

We did discuss this here, at the time.

I had assumed at that time that it was because there was a potential takeover on the cards from a bigger company, but that doesn't seem to have ever happened, so perhaps the owners have decided to let the items marked as "unofficial" back for sale again?

The process described above by musicdigger, about things being voted off, I think does not apply to what the site owners did, as far as the Marketplace is concerned - that all happened pretty much on the same day, from memory.

DWG Warrior
    Its rubbish cause a lot of self released records are blocked. I still need a Cypress Hill Freak To The Funk / Ghostrider if anyone has a spare please?

DWG Warrior
    People starting to dropship on Discogs. "Sourcing" records and 30 days delivery time. Piss off.

Sellers who have clearly only "visually graded" an album they're selling for over $100. Take the time to listen to it and point out the defects instead of guessing it must be VG+

Sellers who send me records that cost $50 and more and they come covered in dust and grime. At least make a little effort to clean it if you think its worth so much.

Also annoys me when properly warped records that bounce the needle are graded VG+ and even NM.

Sellers listing records at $100-200 when there are multiple identically graded copies for sale in the SAME country for $30.

DWG Warrior
    Just received a record that was graded Near Mint on Discogs. It has scratches and scuffs all over it and a DJ sticker on the label. Not sure if some of these sellers are actually trying to rip people off or what? There's no excuse.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SLCOOLJ View Post

Sellers listing records at $100-200 when there are multiple identically graded copies for sale in the SAME country for $30.
    I'm convinced some of these are people who don't want to sell. I've tried reasoning with people just to get them to fair market value because they're closer to me and they won't budge. The mentality must be "I want to keep this, but if someone takes me up on this ridiculous price it's gone"

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by efi4eye View Post
    I'm convinced some of these are people who don't want to sell. I've tried reasoning with people just to get them to fair market value because they're closer to me and they won't budge. The mentality must be "I want to keep this, but if someone takes me up on this ridiculous price it's gone"
    It could also be money laundering.......

There is one specific seller on Discogs that seems to list everything at about 20 times the usual price, but still has thousands of sales.

Selling non-existent records for 20 times the real price = the perfect vehicle for washing dirty money, it would appear to me.....

Could explain why some people get told to f**k off!
    Last edited by Tha_Disc_Eater; 24-10-19 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Elaboration.

Just find a couple of sellers that you trust and have good maners and stick with them that's my advise. However 100% pos feedback isn't a guarantee for correct grading unfortunately?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Disc_Eater View Post

There is one specific seller on Discogs that seems to list everything at about 20 times the usual price, but still has thousands of sales.

Selling non-existent records for 20 times the real price = the perfect vehicle for washing dirty money, it would appear to me.....

I was having the same conversation at work yesterday Pete, it’s definitely happening.

DWG Warrior
    cant see it being laundering. It'd need to be in the thousands to make it worthwhile. I'm sure it happens on ebay though with higher value items.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Disc_Eater View Post

Laundering makes sense. There are also a couple sellers on Ebay with ridiculous prices on hip hop vinyl that ended up making sales somehow. A common 12" single that goes for $3 selling for $60? I just chalked it up to buyers being too lazy to do research but now I'm wondering