Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 550 of 553 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 5521
  1. #5491
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Collector Ponce
    Posts
    3,348
    Quote Originally Posted by evrokski View Post
    I can recommend not using this seller...
    Attachment 10581
    Id just file a PayPal report and not deal with this fool.

  2. #5492
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Mao View Post
    Id just file a PayPal report and not deal with this fool.
    ok so hes a bit fruity but hes saying he'll refund the record and postage... that's good right?

  3. #5493
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Collector Ponce
    Posts
    3,348
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    ok so hes a bit fruity but hes saying he'll refund the record and postage... that's good right?
    Id just be cautious smashing the record/cover to send him photos as if he then didn’t issue a refund you’d be unable to make a PayPal claim as he could simply inform them you’d damaged the item.
    I know I’ve got a suspicious mind but why mess about jumping through his hoops when there’s a much simpler “official” way to sort it.

  4. #5494
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    definitely in the past...
    Posts
    2,603
    I do have that discogs message to back me up with Paypal in the event he doesn't refund.
    Its more the issue that his request is a bit twisted, smashing up and burning a record just doesn't sit well with me. It also gets my goat that when a seller sends you a drastically over graded record they then expect you to jump through hoops and waste your time even further by meeting their demands to obtain a refund ... or lay out even more money to ship it back to them knowing very well they wont refund the return costs.
    I’m thinking that I might take Mao’s advice and get in touch with Paypal. Thanks.
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

  5. #5495
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    bury, lancashire
    Posts
    5,385
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    anyone need The Dynamic MC's 12">>>

    https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1056725050
    this arrived today and as i feared it isn't in the Tuff Groove generic sleeve, that i really wanted

    should i kick off as it wasn't mentioned it was going to be sent in a scruffy white skinny sleeve or just suck it up and be happy that i've got the record for 15 nicker?

  6. #5496
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Espoo Finland
    Posts
    8,689
    Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    this arrived today and as i feared it isn't in the Tuff Groove generic sleeve, that i really wanted

    should i kick off as it wasn't mentioned it was going to be sent in a scruffy white skinny sleeve or just suck it up and be happy that i've got the record for 15 nicker?

    They didn't all come in a Tuff Groove sleeve at the time so its likely its not been replaced.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

  7. #5497
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    bury, lancashire
    Posts
    5,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    They didn't all come in a Tuff Groove sleeve at the time so its likely its not been replaced.
    this is definitely not the sleeve it was released in, it's more like a tatty master bag sleeve that it's been shoved in.

    can't be arsed with kicking off though, so i'll just send him a passive aggressive message instead

  8. #5498
    Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    this arrived today and as i feared it isn't in the Tuff Groove generic sleeve, that i really wanted

    should i kick off as it wasn't mentioned it was going to be sent in a scruffy white skinny sleeve or just suck it up and be happy that i've got the record for 15 nicker?
    What did the description say for the sleeve, if it said generic then by Discogs rules that can be any tatty old sleeve the seller likes... apologies if I'm stating the obvious!

    Generic

    Within the context of grading items in the Discogs Marketplace, the term "generic" refers to a type of sleeve that is not specific to the release. A generic sleeve is either a plain sleeve or a company sleeve with standard company artwork. A sleeve that is graded as "generic" needs no further grading, as a generic sleeve generally adds little value to the item and can be easily replaced. Sellers can further specify a generic sleeve's condition in the “Item condition comment” field if needed. A seller can also note if the sleeve is a company sleeve in the “Item condition comment” field.

  9. #5499
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    bury, lancashire
    Posts
    5,385
    Quote Originally Posted by djshaker View Post
    What did the description say for the sleeve, if it said generic then by Discogs rules that can be any tatty old sleeve the seller likes... apologies if I'm stating the obvious!

    Generic

    Within the context of grading items in the Discogs Marketplace, the term "generic" refers to a type of sleeve that is not specific to the release. A generic sleeve is either a plain sleeve or a company sleeve with standard company artwork. A sleeve that is graded as "generic" needs no further grading, as a generic sleeve generally adds little value to the item and can be easily replaced. Sellers can further specify a generic sleeve's condition in the “Item condition comment” field if needed. A seller can also note if the sleeve is a company sleeve in the “Item condition comment” field.
    it had both the record and sleeve described as VG+

  10. #5500
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    moon base alpha
    Posts
    13,065
    I’ll make you a Tuff Groove sleeve, shorty

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •