Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 484 of 535 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494534 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 5341
    DWG Warrior
    The person who paid $800 for that record needs a hearing aid if you ask me. Even $8 would've been too much, don't give a fuck how rare it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov View Post
    The person who paid $800 for that record needs a hearing aid if you ask me. Even $8 would've been too much, don't give a fuck how rare it is.
    I would bet good money that there are several record stores around the US with this sitting in their two dollar bins. Shame because now when these same record stores look and see it sold for $800, they will no longer let them go for $2.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by the_letter_d View Post
    I would bet good money that there are several record stores around the US with this sitting in their two dollar bins. Shame because now when these same record stores look and see it sold for $800, they will no longer let them go for $2.
    i don't think another person will pay that silly money anymore tho....

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tapemaniak075 View Post
    I looked at that and said ok. It's from florida. It's got an email address on it. Can't be good. I'm sure there's exceptions but.

DWG Warrior
    i have purchased records from tropical fantasy a few years ago but received one that was far from as described so that was that with that seller, another seller that i used often was freestylemaniac but the same happened there so that was that with that seller also, also, freestylemaniac seemed to have the same records reappearing after being sold too often (one example was the 12" black star-with the yellow cover and black star on the cover) and more than one ebay account which seemed strange to me. sellers know the condition that they are submitting the record for sale/bid at either on ebay or discogs or similar, it pees me off when they then post it and put the owness of resolving the problem with the buyer when it could/should be avoided in the first place by honest grading and not 'making a mistake' like the discogs seller magicmeyer1 did with a copy of mc chief and sexy lady-hot spot 12", in that instance (as with others) i asked the seller to please ensure that the record was as described-but no, he said that it was and went ahead and posted it to me anyway-oh well desperados i guess.
    Last edited by f1fierce1; 15-12-14 at 05:47 AM.

DWG Warrior
    Tropical Fantasy is an amazing seller. He always rectifies any issues. Freestylemaniac is a professional seller too but his grading system is ridiculous. M+ hahaha, how can you grade something mint plus?!?! You really need to learn his grading system because it is extremely unique. I only buy from him if its M- or higher. His M- is like a weak VG+.

And you guys are pretty funny. Do you really care so much what someone else paid for a record. Maybe that guy buying a $800 record is equivalent to you guys buying a $1 record in parallel to his net worth. And it takes 2 people to make a record that expensive so obviously 2 people were willing to pay decent money for it.

DWG Warrior
    i guess i have little patience with sellers making 'mistakes' rather like sellers do with buyers that don't pay by the deadline that payment should be made by.

DWG Warrior
    I bought 1x7" single on Discogs and the postage was 1.24+mailer(max 60p) why do sellers over charge on postage, he charged me 2.99.. Dave The Ruf on Discogs came out with a lame excuse/reply below..

you were not overcharged - our rates are CLEARLY given on the shipping info sheet. The reason the price is a little dearer than other sellers is that we sell alot of 7's at VERY FAIR prices but when folks only order 1 or 2 x 7's it often doesn't make much money so we charge slightly more on the postage out as it still takes us the same time to process the order. thanks for your understanding. We have 24 years experience at this and know what we're doing which means we can spend more time finding ace, rare stock at good competitive prices. Thanks Dave The Ruf

DWG Warrior
    Freestyle Maniac is a joke, I bought a record from described as VG+ and when it arrived it was unplayable.
    This wasnt a grading "mistake" as one side of the record looked like it had carved with a screwdriver so it's not as if he couldn't have seen the damage.
    Blatant dishonesty in my book as he had either listed the item without looking at it and had just "made up" the grading or he had checked it and chose to grade way above what it actually was.

DWG Warrior
    I dunno, I can see why some people have an issue with postage, but if the rates are specified before you place your order I don't see what real grounds there are for complaint.