Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 501 of 554 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5535
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    From a seller side, the Global Shipping Program makes my life so much easier. We send our package to some address in Kentucky, and then eBay handles all the customs forms and address labels. We also get an international tracking number for every country serviced by the program. It's definitely more expensive for buyers, but I've fortunately had only had positive experiences.

Also, I was curious as to how the packages look when they arrive. Do they just slap a new label on before it leaves the US, or is it put in a new package/envelope altogether?
    I don't bid on any item when GSP is involved unless I can have my record send to some friends in the US. Why would I as a customer pay for a service that has no benefit for me at all. If the programm is beneficial for sellers then the seller should be charged.

DWG Warrior
    Also, I was curious as to how the packages look when they arrive. Do they just slap a new label on before it leaves the US, or is it put in a new package/envelope altogether?
    Fecking messy from my one experience, didn't work well at all, word to Ev! 3 parcels all went to the wrong buyers but we managed to sort it ourselves

DWG Warrior
    Surely sending the parcel to some address in Kentucky is the same effort as sending it to some address anywhere no? The customs form only takes a few seconds to fill in. If people are willing to spend a certain amount on an item they will factor in the shipping etc to what their bid will be so effectively ebay are taking money out of the sellers end as well as people will bid less on your stuff. Ebay is the only winner.
    A Giant In The Lentils

DWG Warrior
    From a seller side, the Global Shipping Program makes my life so much easier. We send our package to some address in Kentucky, and then eBay handles all the customs forms and address labels. We also get an international tracking number for every country serviced by the program. It's definitely more expensive for buyers, but I've fortunately had only had positive experiences.

This is a very American response. Whatever is easiest, cheapest, and requires the least bit of thought for the buyer outside of the US. Look at all the people who are saying they absolutely steer clear of listings featuring this program. It's not the seller's money so they simply don't give a damn.

Did you ever think your items could be selling for much more?

I love how ebay makes the program the default option for new sellers as well.

Shambles.
    Last edited by J$MONEY; 15-04-15 at 03:05 PM.

DWG Warrior
    I haven't used eBay since 2003 after some beef surrounding their inability to not be complete fucking idiots.

Discogs seems like a lot less hassle all round.

DWG Warrior
    Anyone else got that email from discogs about VAT being added to sellers fees from this summer on discogs?
    A Giant In The Lentils

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by folly View Post
    Anyone else got that email from discogs about VAT being added to sellers fees from this summer on discogs?
    I got that this morning
    Last edited by Bobby Corridor; 16-04-15 at 08:26 AM.

DWG Warrior
    Sounds like bad news. I haven't read it properly yet but i Would have thought that only businesses would pay it rather than private sellers. I wonder if this will happen with ebay as well?
    A Giant In The Lentils

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by folly View Post
    Sounds like bad news. I haven't read it properly yet but i Would have thought that only businesses would pay it rather than private sellers. I wonder if this will happen with ebay as well?
    presumably it's like with other VAT charges, everyone pays it if the service is VATable and only VAT registered business customers can claim it back

They've probably moved their head office from some tax haven...