Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Documentaries

DWG Warrior
    ^^^ Bit of revisionism going on to fit the documentary maker's own agenda with the Hit Man & Her bit/theory about Peter Waterman, imho.

Hit Man & Her did a show at the Hacienda slap bang in the middle of Acid House in 1989:

Plus, the very same year Stock, Aitken, & Waterman were dropping pop-House songs trolling Rock fans for living in the past:

DWG Warrior
    I haven’t checked this yet but looks interesting.

The Untold Story of Stezo

DWG Warrior
    Thanks Dr No.
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

The Stezo thing was cool, sounds like Stezo was a talented guy but he could rub people up the wrong way (I think that's the vibe I got).

DWG Warrior
    What I always wanted to know is why did Fresh Records have him shoot a video for It's My Turn rather than To The Max when the latter was the A-side and the far superior song?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    What I always wanted to know is why did Fresh Records have him shoot a video for It's My Turn rather than To The Max when the latter was the A-side and the far superior song?
    Think he mentions in the doc that Marley and Pete Rock were playing the a side on WBLS but Red Alert played the bside on Kiss and it became the more popular song. Both sides are great.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Ah ok. That makes sense. To The Max is way more anthemic, imho. Plus it woulda made a better video because Stezo could really bust his dance moves to that song.

Stezo is probably still in the red with Fresh Records for the helicopter they hired for the It's My Turn video

Did it mention why Stezo fell out with EPMD? I think it said he fell out with PMD but I dont know if they mentioned why? I was watching the doc in work so I might of missed the odd bit when I had to concentrate on my job.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Think he mentions in the doc that Marley and Pete Rock were playing the a side on WBLS but Red Alert played the bside on Kiss and it became the more popular song. Both sides are great.
    Thanks Dr NO, for the link - be an interesting watch, when I get the chance!

@Bob D; interesting point - the UK, "Fresh Records" Promo 12" that I bought at the time is an A / AA record. Presume all UK copies are like this.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    Did it mention why Stezo fell out with EPMD? I think it said he fell out with PMD but I dont know if they mentioned why? I was watching the doc in work so I might of missed the odd bit when I had to concentrate on my job.
    Think he was thrown off their tour for fighting