Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    DWG Warrior
    As far as I know Academy in Manhattan and Brooklyn, Good and A1 are the best remaining stores for rap.

You can also check Mercer Street Books and Housing Works in the East Village/Lower East Side for the occasional used rap collections.

DWG Warrior
    Rock & Soul is surprisingly good for rap.......sometimes. I usually just pop in there for newer releases though.

There seems to be a rash of shops popping up in Greenpoint, Brooklyn (including the new location for Academy Records).

Since Big City closed & my man Sean isn't at Academy anymore, I haven't done stores in a while. Most of my digs are at thrift shops and yard sales these days.
    I'm a Vinyl Veteran. Dusty.....never digital.

DWG Warrior
    Yo! Lookin for 3 recommendations in NYC...

i) Undisputed best Pizza rerestaurant

ii) Wagyu/ Kobe steak joint

iii) Somewhere to cop magazine back issues ( mags like Mass Appeal)

Thanks!

P
    -- The Iller Regime --

Whilst it doesn't technically tick your boxes, Luger's in Brooklyn ties in first place for the best steak I ever had.

No Wagyu or kobe on the menu, but the porterhouse is amazing.

Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Cash only.

http://peterluger.com

DWG Warrior
    Di Fara Pizza on Avenue J in Brooklyn is well worth the trip.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Canns View Post
    Yo! Lookin for 3 recommendations in NYC...

i) Undisputed best Pizza rerestaurant

ii) Wagyu/ Kobe steak joint

iii) Somewhere to cop magazine back issues ( mags like Mass Appeal)

Thanks!

P
    Best pizza I know of (two spots actually) are both in Brooklyn: La Villa - 261 5th Ave. in Park Slope, and Il Porto - 37 Washington Ave & Flushing near the BQE in Clinton Hill I think that section is.

Not a beef eater, but I DO have a few pretty rare mags here that I'm not particularly sure about values on. On The Go, Elementary, Beat Down, Around The Way, a couple of Rap Pages, and a Stress. Are you in the city now?
    I'm a Vinyl Veteran. Dusty.....never digital.

DWG Warrior
    Surey, there is another newer thread Ive overlooked...but Im looking for any updates on the status of stores mainly for rap (mainly in it for the harder in EU to find US indie/random stuff). Last time I was in NYC in 2014 I hit A1 hard and that was by far the best place for that kinda stuff.. Ive seen a store called Human Head on discogs out of Brooklyn that had a lot of wantlist items, dont know if thats their store stock tho.

Also happy about any food/(craft)beer related bar suggestions. Ill have two days next month with no plans as of yet and no significant others with me, perfect for browsing around.

DWG Warrior
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Beater Pan, I'm in Dusseldorf in 3 weeks. Any recommendations for there? Thanks in advance.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dannycrates View Post
    Beater Pan, I'm in Dusseldorf in 3 weeks. Any recommendations for there? Thanks in advance.
    Sure! Dont know how much time you got to spare, but for records Id advise to hop on the train to Cologne (I think theres some suggestions on Cologne floating around here as well, if not, let me know), as theyve got more stores and the way better spots for Hip-Hop. Ill post my suggestions on a new thread to keep it organized.;-)