Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    J$MONEY:>
    docstrange:>I think tsl closed up a few months ago.
    Really!? Wasn't it basically the go to spot in NYC? Bad news.
    ever since the split up of the old sound library I have preferred the branch that became big city records. More to my tastes and Jared and Chris are record gentlemen. They DJ nice parties too.
    (This was not a paid advert.)

DWG Warrior
    Go here:

Viet-Nam Banh Mi So 1

Neighborhoods: Little Italy, Nolita
    369 Broome Street
    (between Elizabeth St & Mott St)
    New York, NY 10013

BEST CHEAP FOOD ON THE GO IN NYC!

I have dreams about the Sandwiches from this place.

Also try Academy in Brooklyn (Williamsburg) and the one beside Big City. Quality record stores.

Williamsburg is a short trip and your missus would like it. There is a nice flea market with records and some charity shops as well. Take the 'L' to Bedford Avenue.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    is A1 still in alphabet city? i'm in NYC in 4 weeks.

DWG Contributor
    Big City shat all over TSL last couple of times I went. Much more succinct selection, nicer staff and cheaper prices. TSL prices still ebay-era 1999.
    Alife is quality - frequent sales too.
    Go to 7A for some 24 hour food. it's near the alphabet city spots. good bar called 'Radio' there too

DWG Warrior
    double goose pop up store.. check them out.. think its running for a week

Reed Annex
    151 Orchard Street
    (Right Next Door To Reed Space)
    New York, NY 10002
    TEL #: 212-253-0588

Opening Party: October 18th (Sunday) | all day from 2pm

DWG Warrior
    The Stussy store is next to Adidas Originals in Soho. Although the prices are better in NY I found kicks availability isn't that different from anywhere else, particularly if you've got easy access to London. One of the things I enjoyed doing was going to all the standard sports stores because as silly as it sounds you're more likely to find GR stuff that you won't find here. By some QS Nike and chances are there'll be several people in your area that will have them as well. I got some Superstars that were the spit of the Ian Brown 35ths and they were about $50 or something.

Alife and Flight Club are still definitely worth a visit though.

DWG Warrior
    whosaidjazz:>The Stussy store is next to Adidas Originals in Soho. Although the prices are better in NY I found kicks availability isn't that different from anywhere else, particularly if you've got easy access to London. One of the things I enjoyed doing was going to all the standard sports stores because as silly as it sounds you're more likely to find GR stuff that you won't find here. By some QS Nike and chances are there'll be several people in your area that will have them as well. I got some Superstars that were the spit of the Ian Brown 35ths and they were about $50 or something.

Alife and Flight Club are still definitely worth a visit though.

I think Stussy closed a year ago?

Bob Disaster:>Go here:

Viet-Nam Banh Mi So 1

Neighborhoods: Little Italy, Nolita
    369 Broome Street
    (between Elizabeth St & Mott St)
    New York, NY 10013

BEST CHEAP FOOD ON THE GO IN NYC!

I have dreams about the Sandwiches from this place.

Also try Academy in Brooklyn (Williamsburg) and the one beside Big City. Quality record stores.

Williamsburg is a short trip and your missus would like it. There is a nice flea market with records and some charity shops as well. Take the 'L' to Bedford Avenue.

Yeah Bob Academy Brooklyn is really good - big, cheap and easy...like me lol

DWG Warrior
    Yeah - pretty sure Stussy is gone.

The price of kicks is strange. Nike Air Max 87's are $92 in the US - £90 over here! You'll be saving around £30 which ain't bad!

On currency (a bit late I grant you) - I can highly recommend [url=https://www.crowncurrencyexchange.com/index.asp">Crown Currency[/url]. You can buy your currency in advance, get it delivered free and the exchange rates piss all over the competition. I got $1.70 when I was in the States last month (ordered late August)..

DWG Warrior
    Not too fussed for Stussy anyway - got more than enough of their stuff in my wardrobe as it is!

Sounds like a trip to BK might be in order as well, although (as utterly ridiculous as it sounds) I'm having trouble convincing the wife that Brooklyn is a safe place to be. Every time I bring it up, she always says 'It can't be that safe if the tour buses don't go over after a certain time of night!'. I think if I'm ever going to be able to do a proper NY trip I'll have to go myself....

That currency deal you got Fecam is superb. We're pretty much sorted for dollars now - you're getting $1000 for £630 in the bog standard places at the moment which I suppose isn't too bad, but not quite as good as $1.70!

DWG Warrior
    All the record spots mentioned are good, I can definitely co-sign on the Academy Stores in particular, you'll need more time for the one in Brooklyn for sure, but it's big, cheap and easy...... :bigsmile:
    As far as TSL goes, I left in April so I can't tell you but I can just hope to be involved in something in the future that Drew can approve of.