Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    I'm bumping this song right now, and I gotta say, this is solid and FUNKY! Seriously, it's a solid 9.5 IMO.

Bumping it right now, it's off of Side D on this LP

[url=http://www.discogs.com/InI-Center-Of-Attention/release/298776">http://www.discogs.com/InI-Center-Of-Attention/release/298776[/url]

Any other fans?

Anyone got the original source material of this?

This whole compilation is good, but damn this track shines!

DWG Warrior
    This is not a compilation. It is the original source material. It's one of the many pressing of the INI Center Of Attention LP.

DWG Warrior
    this is my most favourite Pete Rock production ever! sample is from Fela Kuti - Water Get No Enemy, i still don't know how Pete Rock managed to chop it up like that :shocked:

DWG Warrior
    Hi8iS:>This is not a compilation. It is the original source material. It's one of the many pressing of the INI Center Of Attention LP.
    It's subtitled Hip Hop Underground Soul Classics, so I assumed it was a later compilation of the original source material.

Either way it's dope! Nice and Jazzy.

DWG Warrior
    MillionDollars:>this is my most favourite Pete Rock production ever! sample is from Fela Kuti - Water Get No Enemy, i still don't know how Pete Rock managed to chop it up like that :shocked:
    Good info. I gotta get more Fela, I only got his offspring's releases on wax.

DWG Warrior
    In case anyone needs a lil spark to remember the song, I just hit record and captured just first few bars of this track.

[url=http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/p5in3s">Download mp3 snippet[/url]

DWG Warrior
    i also like the Deda album that pete produced, i put these 2 lps hand in hand for whatever reason

nice 1

Del
    cos im a be a DWG'er for life
    remixes - www.myspace.com/soulcondor

DWG Warrior
    Lost & Found is one of my favorite albums ever, both CD's to me are just... :shades:

DWG Warrior
    Hi8iS:>This is not a compilation. It is the original source material. It's one of the many pressing of the INI Center Of Attention LP.
    ^Apparently that's inaccurate.

I found this from another forum...

A head there named Wise-810 mentioned...

"Center of Attention" was the name of the album. BBE put it out along with Deda's "The Original Baby Pa" as a 2 disc set around 04-05. It was suppose to come out in 96 but it was heavily bootlegged so they shelved it. I copped it at Circuit City around the time it came out for around 14 bucks. Pete said it wasn't properly released because it doesn't have the famous interludes before and after the songs that he's known for. Worth the purchase. imo. If you can find it, get it.