Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chr!s:>
    kid dynOmite:>I only have a kidney stone
    I know how painful that can be: my bro is plagued with the bastards all the time.
    Supposed to be second in the pain rating to having a heart attack!

I won't show you the disgusting photos he's taken of the stones he passed...

That is true I have been morphined to the hilt and I still shake like a leaf with pain!
    uhh you best not show me any photos Chr!s. I'm not good when I see blood & guts - my friends are already calling me "whitey".

tako, the accapellas are in with the DWG package, so it won't be long.

jonny, your "hat" will no doubt be a banger sir. Your beats are on fire. I spoke to Oxygen recently and he let slip on something I had wanted to hear ;o)

Del, yo thanks bro I am on here most days, although I've been more of a reader than a talker of late. I hope to hear a TDS Soulcondor remix

bring it ON

Kid

DWG Warrior
    I'll have a stab at this one fellas. DWG will be able to do the next bunch of catalogue numbers straight from these remixes by the sound of it!

Tip for BPM should you be needing it, loop 4 bars of the vocal version, that should get you there. Not trying to teach ya'll to suck eggs but just incase someone wanted an idea of how get it locked.

DWG Warrior
    I'll give it a go.

DWG Warrior
    Im in on this, and so are quite a few of my friends as well.
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

DWG Warrior
    jonnycuba:>@ RD! One massive suggestion, from recent experience of a RMX comp put 4 metronome clicks in time at the top of each track this along with BPM tagging the title of each acca will help the numbskulls with their fruity loops

Drop us an email if you need a hand...
    IMO if someone can't even put a verse to a beat they have no business even entering a competition of this nature, or even making beats period for that matter. I mean is it really that hard?

DWG Warrior
    I suggest it, as some remixes were excellent musically but were fatally flawed by bad rhyme placement
    From each according to his ability, to each according to his need

Really looking forwards to hearing you guys get busy on these tracks!

We (ie. Toby, who flew to the U.S. to sort this out) went the extra mile to get the acapellas extracted and baked properly, because we figured there'd be some real talent willing to get involved. I'm excited to think that one of our own DWG family could contribute something really substantial to the next TDS Mob 12"!

Hi8iS:>
    jonnycuba:>@ RD! One massive suggestion, from recent experience of a RMX comp put 4 metronome clicks in time at the top of each track this along with BPM tagging the title of each acca will help the numbskulls with their fruity loops

IMO if someone can't even put a verse to a beat they have no business even entering a competition of this nature, or even making beats period for that matter. I mean is it really that hard?
    I'm no producer so I don't know the science behind it but that was kind of my train of thought too...

DWG Warrior
    Hi8iS:>

That's easy to say if you know what the original track sounds like (which is normally the case), but in the defence of others (and myself at times) it's often difficult to work out when the drop the verse. Is it the third beat of the bar before the main verse? Does the first syllable drop on the kick drum or maybe a bit after?
    Normally it's really obvious but there have been times when I've had acapellas that are difficult to place and I tend to ask for the original tracks for reference.

the OG versions will no doubt be ripped and blogged within 48 hours of someone buying the CD...