Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Ok, i was gonna do a poll on this but couldnt remember how to do it!:shamed:

Anyway, simple question - or not. Which do you think is OC's best LP?

Anybody that knows me understands i am a die hard O.C. fan, and i gotta say pound for pound, rhyme for rhyme, beat for beat, Jewelz just shades it for me. This album just has it all.
    I swear i could listen to "The Crow" all day and still think at the end of it 'I wanna hear that again and again and again!'.

What do you guys think?
    -- The Iller Regime --

DWG Warrior
    Thanks Chr!s.

Apologies for my lameness! :wink:
    -- The Iller Regime --

DWG Warrior
    Okay, well, the first O.C. album is a very good "debut" album and also in it's favour it also has O.C.'s masterpiece "Times Up" on it.

But it took the second album to get things "tight" - as a package "Jewelz" wins hands down for me......

DWG Warrior
    The Jewelz title track is a straight-up Finesse masterpiece as well...but Times Up is a bonafide classic...damn!
    -- The Iller Regime --

DWG Warrior
    Times Up is one of the best ever hiphop songs and it makes the album for that song alone stand out to me. I was dissapointed with Starchild however.

DWG Warrior
    I really liked the energy on the first LP.
    "Jewelz" was lacking in that pretty much. The second LP had a much wider commercial appeal than the first one.
    "Word...Life" was more that dirty rugged sound. I really liked that.

DWG Warrior
    word life eaaasy

"get your ears ready for creative control/cause no one's gonna tell me how to sell out my soul"

DWG Warrior
    I Loved Word Life,Still sounds great today..

DWG Warrior
    WORD LIFE...

DWG Warrior
    swear i could listen to "The Crow" all day and still think at the end of it 'I wanna hear that again and again and again!'.
    i feel like that about 'Hypocrite', which is kind of similar lyrically (subject) to time's up. the lord finesse produced track on OC's first lp is especially nice as well, with the great drums.