Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    I think Disc had it right. There were far too many good solo albums and singles over the years before they finally released another Wu Tang Album. By then RZA was experimenting with a different sound. A more polished sound. And you're right too many songs, too much filler made for a sub standard album. But there are a handful of worthy songs on the album. Cut the album down to those songs and "Forever" would have been a better album.

DWG Warrior
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=11875603-fc0"]<embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=11875603-fc0" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>

DWG Warrior
    You gotta understand, I'm a bit biased when it comes to Wu-Tang. Back in the mid to late 90s I was one of them whiteboys running around in nothing but wu-wear and kicking the wutang slang. There's actually very few Wu related LPs I don't like. I know I'm in the minority on that one. And since I still bang and look forward to new Wu, I'm used to the flaming. It's all good :P

Man, you are lucky as hell. This album was a huge disappointment, but a lot of the beats are really dope. Are you gonna upload this one, as you did with the Del instrumentals?

DWG Warrior
    I don't think I'm going to upload the whole thing. It's too much trouble. I put up three beats from the record on youtube already and that's all I'm gonna do for now.

Nice, I'll check for 'em on youtube & convert the ones that you uploaded to mp3. There was already a condensed version of the instrumental album with some of the more well-known beats, but it would be great to have the entire thing. But I hear you, man.

DWG Warrior
    I have no reason to believe it's not legit. It looks, feels, and sounds right and I've never seen another copy. But who knows.

DWG Warrior
    Ain't gonna front. I was a huge fan of "Triumph" as a kid. Haha. I can still remember every word to that joint to this day. But I agree the album overall was a bit disappointing - don't remember playing the other tracks much at all.

DWG Warrior
    For those not on instagram i have to resurrect this thread because ive found ‘Album 1’.
    I struck a bit of a Wu-Tang Instrumental albums goldmine as the seller sold me doubles of ODB, GZA and Raekwon Instrumental lp’s, all sealed or unplayed.
    The cherry on top was doubles of this record, which i suspect are show vinyl for Enter the Wu-Tang. I’m not sure as they're still sealed.
    I've been doing research for the past 2 months but i cant find anything, just the copy of VA’s Forever Instrumentals in this thread. I would suspect both albums were printed around the same time, assuming around the release of the Forever album.
    Also, there is a Method Man track as last song on this album, which happens to be left off the Tical instrumental LP. So seems like someone made a point to press up whatever missing instrumentals at the time.
    Question is if these are legit. I like to think so but it would be great if someone could confirm.
    3A52E7E1-FF5A-4832-B4F0-670C07558143.jpg
    597E3CDE-0AEA-4054-ACF5-0AEF779BB7CF.jpg
    Last edited by Stylus; 15-09-21 at 09:24 AM.

DWG Warrior
    I won't add anything relevent but that's a beautiful instrumentals lp. I'd say it looks legit just by the look of it (if private press count as "legit", like the daily op instrus)