Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Seems like a massive ball ache Chris. As others have said its very much appreciated.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    I'd like to reiterate what everyone else is saying, the unbeliveable amount of work your putting in is really appreciated, Chris we all owe you some serious amount of drinks for your trouble.

I also would like to submit funds if need be (have a paid for section of the forum fo aleviate the costs, id be up for it).

Think your getting ripped off m8 to be honest.

A forum of this size only needs about 512/1GB ram no way near 8GB, to me it looks like the cloud hosting your using is oversold.

This forum would run smoothly on a unmanaged or managed vps with these specs

1 GB RAM
    2 GB Swap RAM
    500 GB Traffic

Which would probably cost between $20 a month unmanaged or $35 a month managed.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmysmithson View Post
    Think your getting ripped off m8 to be honest.

A forum of this size only needs about 512/1GB ram no way near 8GB, to me it looks like the cloud hosting your using is oversold.

This forum would run smoothly on a unmanaged or managed vps with these specs

1 GB RAM
    2 GB Swap RAM
    500 GB Traffic

Which would probably cost between $20 a month unmanaged or $35 a month managed.
    There was a memory leak happening somewhere: until last week, the server was using 8gb RAM... and it still went down.

As a result, we're now on a Tornado server with Tim at Nimbus Hosting for the forum and still on the regular server for the main Django-built part of the site. Works out at about 25+VAT per month, plus a little extra for software upgrades and theme updates. Takes the pressure off me a bit having someone here to help manage things.

And we get a certain amount of allowance for when the traffic spikes on release dates, so hopefully no more timing out when the next DWG/SOS/Herring/etc. project drops!