Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 10 of 133 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by fly View Post
    Liverpool record fair and gig ting im goin down to play at
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=113788028718420
    i'm sadly going to be out of town or else would deffo be in there
    it's a great venue for booze and beats...

I'll come down to the record fair. Shame it's a few days before pay day because I'll probably be a bit skint from my holiday...

Anyone got their tickets for Q-Tip in Manchester? I see that Jay Electronica is on at one of the Warehouse Project nights too.

DWG Warrior
    Q Tip in London on Aug 26th has been cancelled so its likely the other dates will follow

DWG Warrior
    Naughty By Nature
    7pm Friday October 7th at The Haunt, Brighton

Few groups in music can boast a near twenty-year career that has been both consistent and history making. Naughty By Nature,the Grammy and American Music Award winning rap trio, are known for being one of the few rap acts who were able to balance success on the pop charts with hardcore rap credibility.Initially called “New Style”, they began performing at talent shows in the late 80s and were discovered by fellow New Jersey native and then-emerging Hip Hop artist, Queen Latifah. Eventually signing the group to her management company “Flavor Unit Management”, Latifah helped them land a deal with Tommy Boy Records.

Naughty By Nature’s self-titled debut album was released in 1991 and quickly assaulted the music charts with the instant classic #1 hit “O.P.P.” one of the most successful rap records of all time it samples the Jackson Five’s ‘ABC’ and its popular refrain ‘YOU DOWN WITH O.P.P.?, YEAH YOU KNOW ME..’ has been heard everywhere from ‘The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air’ to an episode of The Office! The group quickly became crossover stars, while maintaining their ghetto sensibility. Another massive hit well remembered by Hip Hop fans is ‘Hip Hop Hooray!’ with its Spike Lee directed video featuring Queen Latifah, Easy E, Run D.M.C. Their next two albums topped the U.S. Hip Hop charts and their 3rd album -1996’s ‘Poverty’s Paradise’ won the first ever Grammy for ‘Best Rap Album’.

After a year performing all over the world alongside many of their contemporaries such as Ice Cube, Slick Rick. Digital Underground, House of Pain, Prince Paul & Afrika Bambaataa – Naughty By Nature are now coming to Brighton! Widely recognised as one the greatest Hip Hop acts of all time do not miss this chance to see these icons of rap up close and personal in this very special show at The Haunt Friday October 7th.

tickets - http://www.wegottickets.com/event/131775

Doom vs Ghostface at The Roundhouse in London, 5th November.

Sorry if already been mentioned...

DWG Warrior
    whats up guys, for my Holland folks ,im Donald D's dj for his upcoming shows the first is this weekend, Friday in Amsterdam and Saturday in Eindhoven ,more dates to come later in month

BACK OF FLYER

Last edited by KingUnderground; 14-10-11 at 11:29 AM.

DWG Warrior
    ghostface in liverpool thursday 10th november.

DWG Warrior
    may not be everyone's thing but I'm doing three gigs in France in the next couple of weeks with Earthling

28/10- Le Phare, Toulouse
    4/11- La Maroquinerie, Paris
    5/11- Le Splendid, Lille

DWG Warrior
    Pharoahe monch is playing norwich this Fri 4th at the knowhere bar. It's free, but you have to have a wrist band which you can get from dog fish clothes shop in norwich. Really looking forward to this one!