Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    don't you have a gig in Brum soon Chrome?

Would like to see Pharoahe again, smashes it live!

DWG Warrior
    Ah mate, I'm gutted about that. I have to dj for a bday party of one of Sarahs friends. Got my dates mixed up. Would still love to come over sometime tho. You should try and get yourself down to boogie down norwich for the Xmas jam Sat 17th Dec. It's gonna be big!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by chrome View Post
    Pharoahe monch is playing norwich this Fri 4th at the knowhere bar. It's free, but you have to have a wrist band which you can get from dog fish clothes shop in norwich. Really looking forward to this one!

Walked past there last night, saw a load of people standing around outside and heard early 90's hip hop wafting out through the door. I didnt even put two and two together...

Where are you playing on the 17th of December?

DWG Warrior
    Doh, you missed Pharoahe for free!

@Chrome ah gutted and yeah I'll try and make it across for that as long as I can play Biz and Kanes XXXmas Freestyle

DWG Warrior
    Ha ha, yeah that should be fine mate! Yeah Pharoahe was pretty dope, but the system was poor and the DJ inbetween the acts was playing things like Nelly and Rick ross and i think maybe even N Dubz!!! Still had good fun tho!

@157 We are playing downstairs at the Rumsey Wells pub. No Half Steppin is the 3rd Sat of each month. Come down next Sat if you can make it. It's free.

DWG Warrior
    they serve great ale in the Rumsey, one of the most enjoyable nights I've been to in the last few years too, please say you've got a late xmas licence!

DWG Warrior
    I dont think they do! But to make up for that we are starting at 6. bring it on!

DWG Warrior
    Saw Ghostface live in the 'pool last night. Good show, but that's twice I've seen him in the past couple of years now where he hasn't performed his Daytona 500 verse, and I wish he'd cut the corny "who likes real hip hop?" section out of his show because it's time that could be much better spent knocking out a live rendition of Poisonous Darts instead.

DWG Warrior
    yeah he definitely missed out too many classics, didn't do anything off the new LP or even mention it. Hoping the people he got onstage for Protect Ya Neck in Liverpool actually managed the 2 verses, one guy got dragged off stage instantly when he just tried doing his own lyrics

DWG Warrior
    Haha! Thankfully not.

He didn't do anything off the new LP last night either, but I'm fine with that because I sort of look at him as falling into the same category as De La and Ice Cube where he's past it as a recording artist now, but still a really great live performer with an amazing back catalogue who knows people want to hear his classics rather than his new stuff.

New stuff in this instance being 90% of his songs since 2006.