Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 51 of 133 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    A No sleep sighting is pretty raer Spatch! I did miss Scratchy Muffin somehow though...
    true true, i'll give you that one this is like a Hip Hop I spy book...

Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    true true, i'll give you that one this is like a Hip Hop I spy book...
    Looked into doing a series of those books on wax/shoes (and Top Trumps cards... and Panini sticker books) but aside from legal issues before we even started, the costs were ridiculous!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Looked into doing a series of those books on wax/shoes (and Top Trumps cards... and Panini sticker books) but aside from legal issues before we even started, the costs were ridiculous!
    Friend made his own set of rapper top trump cards, pretty major undertaking, I need to ask if he ever finished it!

Friend made his own set of rapper top trump cards, pretty major undertaking, I need to ask if he ever finished it!
    It's a doable project, but most of the companies that own the intellectual copyright enforce it heavily. We tried to do some stuff along these lines when I was at Crooked Tongues and it was impossible. They made it clear we'd see them in court if we attempted to do our own version.

Going totally off-tangent, this is dope. Primo killin' it.

DWG Warrior
    WILD STYLE + TIM WESTWOOD / ALEXANDER NUT / London Oval Space / 07 December 2013 / £10
    07 December 2013

Oval Space Cinema presents Wild Style 30th Anniversary – screening and DJs feat. Tim Westwood and Alexander Nut.

Screening 21:00 // DJs 23:00 – 02:00

?(Doors 20:00)

Oval Space celebrates the 30th anniversary of seminal hip hop culture film Wild Style with a screening and DJ sets from Tim Westwood and Alexander Nut.

Released in 1983, Wild Style is widely regarded as the most important hip-hop culture movie ever made. With an all-star cast featuring Grandmaster Flash, Fab 5 Freddy, the Cold Crush Brothers, and Rock Steady Crew, the film gives a dramatic insider’s view of the early underground Brooklyn scene and the rise of graffiti and B-boy culture in New York. The film will be followed by DJ sets Tim Westwood and Alexander Nut.

http://www.ovalspace.co.uk/events/vi...hostpoet-more/

Not sure I can make it, but could be a good session !

I'm going to check DJ Shadow gig in Australia in February. Can't wait to see him live! A friend of mine told me his shows are awesome, hope he wasn't lying

jb_black_dove.jpg

Get up, get into, it get involved!

Back with our annual & seasonal James Brown tribute night.

All vinyl selections of JB & related music.

DJ Format, Mr Krum, Mac McRaw, Bobby Boucher, Scratchy Muffin & special guest Second Hand Dan.

Once again this is free entry ...so get the season going with some super raw heavy funk & celebrate the one & only Godfather of Soul with us.

Saturday the 21st of December.

8pm till late …FREE ENTRY.

IN THE BASEMENT.

The Black Dove
    74 St James Street
    Brighton
    BN2 1PA

One of Brighton’s few independent bars supplying the best beers, cocktails & atmosphere in town.

DWG Warrior
    that'll be dope Mac, wish I could make it (very unlikely).

Anyone else going to make it to Large Pro, Beatnuts and Jeru tonight in Bristol?

DWG Warrior
    that'll be dope Mac, wish I could make it (very unlikely).

Anyone else going to make it to Large Pro, Beatnuts and Jeru tonight in Bristol?
    Damn gutted!, I didn't even know that was on and have the Mrs Xmas do tonight, so don't think I have a chance!!
    I had a text from a mate last night to say Jeru and the Beatnuts were in the 'Pipe & Slippers' pub in Bristol, and I just thought he had a bit too much apple juice!!. Enjoy any heads that are going.
    Last edited by Dr NO; 11-12-13 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Damn iPad, missed a word out!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr NO View Post
    Damn gutted!, I didn't even know that was on and have the Mrs Xmas do tonight, so don't think I have a chance!!
    I had a text from a mate last night to say Jeru and the Beatnuts were in the 'Pipe & Slippers' pub in Bristol, and I just thought he had a bit too much apple juice!!. Enjoy any heads that are going.
    yeah saw the Beatnuts ended up doing a free dj set last night. Not seen Beatnuts or Large Pro live before! Shame you can't make it fella