Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 52 of 133 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Jiz & myself are off to see Beatnus/ Jeru/ Large Pro tonight- looking forward to it. The wife is coming too!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC McRAW View Post
    Attachment 4018

Get up, get into, it get involved!

Back with our annual & seasonal James Brown tribute night.
    Essential!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    Anyone else going to make it to Large Pro, Beatnuts and Jeru tonight in Bristol?
    i wish. sounds like a great night. im going to rock some largenuts at home tonight instead.
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

DWG Warrior
    Large Pro was good last night, Jeru was better than expected, Beatnuts were as expected. Good to catch up with Cro in person and a few other heads.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    yeah saw the Beatnuts ended up doing a free dj set last night. Not seen Beatnuts or Large Pro live before! Shame you can't make it fella
    Ah... so umm.... yeah.... if i'd seen your post about this gig i might of looked a little less blank when you tapped me on the shoulder! ha! Sorry if you got the confused "who the fuck are you?" look! Just wasn't expecting to see you..... if it happens again though, i got no more excuses other than early dementia setting in. It only took you 3 attempts though before it sank in though, pretty good for me! Good to see you though.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfantastic View Post
    Large Pro was good last night, Jeru was better than expected, Beatnuts were as expected. Good to catch up with Cro in person and a few other heads.
    Jeru was ok when he wasn't trying to double up as a comedy act! Shit talking, ego stroking and wack jokes aside he was good......... the professor was good though and the beatnuts were aiiight too.

DWG Warrior
    ^^ Yeah, iv'e noticed a lot of talking between songs appearing as a new template for gigs. I hope this stops and everyone gets back to keeping it moving - a la Soundsci.

DWG Warrior
    do The Beatnuts have a DJ yet? Last vid I saw of them live, one of them had to keep going back to the CDJ to switch tracks.

DWG Warrior
    Party like its 2002!

Given Mike Tyson has just been refused entry to the UK due to his criminal record can a fresh out the bing Ja expect the same treatment?
    I thought Joey Crack was getting locked up for tax evasion aswell.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jizmonkee75 View Post
    Ah... so umm.... yeah.... if i'd seen your post about this gig i might of looked a little less blank when you tapped me on the shoulder! ha! Sorry if you got the confused "who the fuck are you?" look! Just wasn't expecting to see you..... if it happens again though, i got no more excuses other than early dementia setting in. It only took you 3 attempts though before it sank in though, pretty good for me! Good to see you though.
    Hahaha no worries Jiz it was more amusing than anything else especially as you looked more and more like you wanted to punch me , great to see Sime, Fanta, Percy, Pritt and yourself and finally meet the Numbskullz.

Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    do The Beatnuts have a DJ yet? Last vid I saw of them live, one of them had to keep going back to the CDJ to switch tracks.
    Nah still Juju but to be honest he did a better job than Large Pro's dj who was pretty useless. Jeru wasn't as good as when I saw him in the late 90's /early 2000 (when he toured with his own DJ) his comedy routine / crowd hyping skills were poor and I hope I don't see another atrist try and play the English off against the Germans but good to see he's mellowed abit with the devil stuff (guess he's realised that a large proportion of his fanbase when touring overseas are white).

So Jeru was decent when actually performing his songs, way too much waffle though
    Large Pro was great but his dj didn't help
    Beatnuts, exactly what I expected, great hearing Psycho Dwarf, Props Over Here, Se Acabo, Off The Books etc and good energy.