Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DWG Warrior
    theblend:>So do these faders just fit direct into any vestax mixer, like i need a new fader for my pmc 05 mkII

Also slightly off topic, with the vestax mixers - has anyone else found the line-out phono sockets pull out?

Ive known it happen to 2 PMC's before, when using tight phono plugs. Its just happened to mine after a show and i only just noticed. is it easy to replace?
    They both fit practically all mixers. The Innofader comes with an adapter board that you plug in line to convert if you have a mixer that it doesn't fit. That's another plus point thinking about it and also comes with a test board so you can check everythings ok before plugging in.

With regards to tight connector pulling out the gold caps of connectors, they will just pop back in if you still have the gold bit as long as you line up the bits. It serves the job of connecting the ground so if you use connections without the gold bits you'll probably suffer earth hum. Pain in the aris due to a bit of cheap crappy design from Vestax. To avoid this twist the connectors when pulling them out of the sockets as the gold things won't spin around. I do this every time I unplug since pulling some of mine out and have since never had it happen again.

DWG Warrior
    I should probably say that I have these in use together as they're in different mixers - Innofader in an 07 and pro-X in a pre-hamster switch 05. No problems with either.

Last fader I upgrade to was a penny & giles for my q bert edition 05 Pro. Was way better than the regular one but it's been battered now after 5 years.

I think it's fair to say that vestax build quality was pretty much unrivalled until rane came along.

Woulb be interested to know if anyone has upgraded a rane with a new fader?

DWG Warrior
    hit up 'info at scratchproaudio.co.uk' for either fader. speak to oli.. uk distributor for both faders. tell him mr fresh sent you!

DWG Warrior
    This thread has inspired me to get my 05 fixed, just been using a shitty old mixer for a while and it doesn't cut it. I'll probably be back for advice on a new fader when it's sorted (or just read everything that's been posted obviously).

mrfresh:>hit up 'info at scratchproaudio.co.uk' for either fader. speak to oli.. uk distributor for both faders. tell him mr fresh sent you!
    Nice one Mr Fresh.

This is Oli from info@scratchproaudio.co.uk please give me a shout if any one is looking at getting a new fader.

DWG Warrior
    thanks mr fantastic. I would have tried that - but i lost the gold bit. as the sound engineer at the show wanted to use his own phono lead which had super tight ends on. so i guess he got the gold bit still on the lead, only just noticed when i got home... shiyt

can u get replacement gold bits? (dont have to be gold) i work at maplin but dont see any thing there sofar that fits the bill

DWG Warrior
    INNOFADER - still has it's problems surprisingly, but is the better candidate...
    fits fine in a vestax. be careful that the wires from the crossfader do not come into contact with any other mixer wires...

they still have yet to create a "perfect xfader" but this is the highest improvement

DWG Warrior
    theblend:>thanks mr fantastic. I would have tried that - but i lost the gold bit. as the sound engineer at the show wanted to use his own phono lead which had super tight ends on. so i guess he got the gold bit still on the lead, only just noticed when i got home... shiyt

can u get replacement gold bits? (dont have to be gold) i work at maplin but dont see any thing there sofar that fits the bill
    I've never seen the gold bits for sale but i've never made much of a point of trying to find any either. I lost one of mine in the same way so I pulled one of the unused ones out of the line in to replace the one missing from the outputs.