Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hmmm... I'll look into it and see if I can find out why this would happen.

I'm fairly sure it's something to do with your cookies/caching/browser settings on your computer rather than the forum software (which hasn't changed for almost two years now), but I'll see if I can find out anything useful!

Does it happen on only one computer? Or on every machine you try to log in from?
    Thanks Chris, appreciate it. I'm 99% sure if happens on my work laptop and my PC at home, but I'll double check.

It's been happening for about 6 weeks now. Do you think it something might have changed with a recent windows update? I've not changed my cookies or browser settings recently.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Thanks Chris, appreciate it. I'm 99% sure if happens on my work laptop and my PC at home, but I'll double check.

It's been happening for about 6 weeks now. Do you think it something might have changed with a recent windows update? I've not changed my cookies or browser settings recently.
    It might be, although I can't think how that would affect it unless there was some sort of new security feature/bug.

I've asked a few guys who use the same software as us, just to see if there's anything I can do to help from this end.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, try deleting cookie/saved log-in for the forum (somewhere in your browser security settings) and then log in from fresh. Not sure if that will fix it, but it's worth a shot.

DWG Warrior
    Ok, so this post was made from PC at home using IE....let's see what happens.

EDIT: Well that worked perfectly.

DWG Warrior
    This time using Chrome

DWG Warrior
    OK, so the problem would appear to with my laptop at work.

Sorry to have been a nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    OK, so the problem would appear to with my laptop at work.

Sorry to have been a nuisance
    No problem mate!

Good to see it's all sorted out.

DWG Warrior
    I've now ticked the remember me box at login...seems to have solved it....I think

DWG Warrior
    Is there a way to search the forum easier?

When you search and what you are looking for is in the multiple page threads 'Latest Finds' or 'New Hip Hop' thread for example it doesn't tell you the page number that contains your search word.

It's highly irritating!
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Is there a way to search the forum easier?

When you search and what you are looking for is in the multiple page threads 'Latest Finds' or 'New Hip Hop' thread for example it doesn't tell you the page number that contains your search word.

It's highly irritating!
    Yeah, it's a bit unintuitive...

Enter your search term in the usual place (top right).

When the search results show up, select the thread you want to look in and then click 'Search Thread'.

That should do the job.

DWG Warrior
    I seem to be having problems viewing the most recent pages on some of the threads. Example, the latest vinyl / cassette / cd purchases thread is showing 912 pages. I can get as far as page 905 but when I click on next, it brings me back to page 905.