Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Sho nuff, works like a charm w/ quotes.

DWG Warrior
    Diggin' this new version. I had to reset my password, but after that shit it seems easy as pie...Great job done!

DWG Warrior
    Chris, time to help the idiot again. How do I embed stuff? Videos/audio.....when I copy & paste the code I just get code in the finished reply
    ...they talk about me over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea...

DWG Warrior
    If you want to post a Youtube or Vimeo you don't need to use the embed code anymore. Just click the 'Insert Video' tab at the top of the reply and paste in the URL. It's the icon like a piece of film.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    ^^^ ok so, audio Bob

it's for the Record Day thread. I just wanted to put embedded divshares on the forum rather then links
    ...they talk about me over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea...

Embedding DivShare in your posts

Right - if you go to 'Go Advanced' in the entry box for your post, you should see the DivShare icon in the toolbar now.

It looks like this:

Click that, place your DivShare file ID (for example, 13918981-1df) between the two tags, like this:

[DIVSHARE]13918981-1df[/DIVSHARE]

and it should embed.

Embedding SoundCloud in your posts

Right - if you go to 'Go Advanced' in the entry box for your post, you should see the SoundCloud icon in the toolbar now.

It looks like this:

Click that, place your full SoundCloud URL (for example, http://soundcloud.com/the_dwg_crew/dwg7005-damu-the-fudgemunk-ft) between the two tags, like this:

[SC]http://soundcloud.com/the_dwg_crew/dwg7005-damu-the-fudgemunk-ft[/SC]

and it should embed.

--

Just wrote all that code myself. I'm well chuffed!

DWG Warrior
    I added a profile picture to my account but it don“t shows up in my regular posts. In the setting section it“s marked that it should be displayed. Any idea why this doesn“t happen?
    DO-City“s Calling

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uralone View Post
    I added a profile picture to my account but it don“t shows up in my regular posts. In the setting section it“s marked that it should be displayed. Any idea why this doesn“t happen?
    You need to choose "settings" then "edit avatar" and then you can upload a pic

DWG Warrior
    Chris, something I've noticed with regard to quoting text is that if you quote a reply that has a quote in it your newly posted reply will only contain the text of the reply you are quoting. The originally quoted message does not carry over.

Does my explanation make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by J$MONEY View Post
    Chris, something I've noticed with regard to quoting text is that if you quote a reply that has a quote in it your newly posted reply will only contain the text of the reply you are quoting. The originally quoted message does not carry over.

Does my explanation make sense?

Yeah, I know what you mean: multi-quoting.

I have got this enabled on the forum, but I think my customised/hacked template I set up must be breaking it somewhere along the way. I'll keep trying to fix it.

I'm guessing a temporary fix is to use [quote] and [/quote] tags repeatedly as necessary when quoting.